1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

engine swap

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by bareback316, Aug 17, 2009.

1. bareback316

bareback316 New Member

hey guy i was thinkin about pullin my v6 out but i dont know what v8 would hook up to my 5 speed. any ideas?
  2. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 New Member 1000 Posts

I think they all the engines will bolt up.

4.8, 5.3, 6.0

im not sure i could be wrong, you might need adapter. i doubt it though.

Also i would go with a 6.0 swap, you dont wanna regret that extra power later on.
  3. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado New Member 1000 Posts

yes the 5 speed will bolt up, you just need a new flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate, as they are bigger for the 4.8 5 speed then the 4.3 5 speed
  4. azdrtdog

azdrtdog New Member

what year are you working on? chevy is very good about keeping bell housings the same for all motor trans in there respective years. motor swaps be come more technical as the years progress now you have full harness r&r,pcm,tcm,bcm the list goes on...dont ya miss the old three wires and it runs days
  5. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 New Member 1000 Posts

i want a 6.0 soo bad :( but, gas is back @ 2.99.
  6. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado New Member 1000 Posts

he doesn't have a tcm
  7. azdrtdog

azdrtdog New Member

just one of many possibilities I,ve heard the fast trucks are 4x4 but thats just from watching them (parish silverado) vids on you tube ohya and autos also