1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

engine swap

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Umbrella man, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Umbrella man

Umbrella man New Member

Thanks for reading. I have a 2005 4.8 (V vin code) with intermittant bad lifter knock. My understanding is this should not surprise me.
    I have a nearly new 2007 4.8 (C vin code) in a wreck :grrrrrr: I could put in. In a post on this forum I saw that the LR4 third generation ran to 2007 and the LY2 4th generation runs from 2007 forward. What if any problems will I have with a swap?
  2. Umbrella man

Umbrella man New Member

bump

Hi all. Any help?
  3. RedneckRucker16

RedneckRucker16 New Member

I may be off base here seeing as im a Dodge mechanic, but youll need a new PCM programmed for that motor and your specific vehicle so all the accessories work together correctly. As far as the fit goes it shouldnt be a problem as long as the tranny is the same model. I would contact a dealer to find out more details. The parts department should know.