1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Engine Won't Stay Running

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by sgenzer, Jul 6, 2011.

1. sgenzer

sgenzer New Member

Hello Everyone,

I am having an issue with my 2002 Silverado 1500 Z71 5.3L truck. At random times I will go to start the motor and it acts like it wants to but then won't run. It is similar to what happens when you have to reset the security after replacing the computer, but this is random and I haven't done anything to the truck. It will run great for weeks and then won't start 2 or 3 times and thenm start just fine.

I have had my mechanic check over all the circuits, the pump and filter and he can't find anything wrong. I am hoping that someone else has had this problem and can tell me where to look for a solution.

Thanks.

Steve
  2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I would start off by running your own fuel pressure test since the GM motors are designed to start after a certain PSI only. and if the Fuel Pressure Regulator is starting to go bad it will stick and not allow the pressure to build properly.
  3. hundojoe

hundojoe Rockstar 100 Posts

Check all the wires and connections going to the mass air flow sensor, also try cleaning the mass air flow sensor, good luck.