1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Enkei Meets THE FONZ!!!!!! Henry Winkler

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Enkeiavalanche, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Yes Henry Winkler was in my town this week GlennandTheFonz.jpg for a his new Book signing, So I took my mother over and got a pic... [​IMG]
  2. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

[​IMG]

Aaaaay that is awesome, I bet he is a cool man to meet in person
  3. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I still think this is my favorite part he ever played:

[​IMG]
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

He didnt try to sell you a reverse mortgage did he?
    AAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Nope But he was a funny guy The only down fall was I had a copy of Lords of Flatbush and his Pub would not let him sign anything but his book.. which is called Ghost Buddy
  6. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Nightshift and Waterboy were his 2 best films and of course his roll as "The FONZE" is iconic. They should put his leather jacket in The Smithsonian.
  7. Enkeiavalanche

I think it is....What about his movie Heroes? [TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD]MOVIEmeter
    SEE RANK
    Down810this week
    View rank on IMDbPro »

[h=1]Heroes(1977)[/h][​IMG] 112 min - Comedy | Drama - 16 May 1978 (Sweden)
    Your rating: 12345678910-/10X

Ratings: 5.8/10 from 878 users
    Reviews: 20 user |8 critic

A Vietnam veteran suffering from post traumatic stress disorder breaks out of a VA hospital and goes on a road trip with a sympathetic traveler to find out what became of the other men in his unit.
    [h=4]Director:[/h]Jeremy Kagan
    [h=4]Writer:[/h]James Carabatsos, and 1 more credit »
    [h=4]Stars:[/h]Henry Winkler, Sally Field and Harrison Ford
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD] Loading Watchlist View Watchlist »

And about the Jacket.. You are right...

Fonzie's windbreaker/leather jacketDuring the mid-season of the first season (1974), Garry Marshall went to Hawaii for a week to shoot the pilot for another series called Little People starring Brian Keith. While he was gone, Fonzie was wearing a windbreaker with little penny loafers instead of his patented leather jacket and motorcycle boots. Somebody at ABC had decided that a hoodlum was an inappropriate character for the eight o'clock time slot. Marshall was able to convince ABC that Fonzie couldn't possibly ride his motorcycle in flimsy shoes (motorcycle safety) and the audience would worry about him getting cold in the thin windbreaker that he was wearing. The network eventually agreed and said that Fonzie could wear the leather jacket only when he was with the motorcycle. The bike never left the Fonz's side during the first season, even for indoor scenes. Finally, ABC decided to let Fonzie wear his leather jacket during all scenes in the later seasons.
    The character of Arthur Fonzarelli was so immensely popular, there was talk of changing the title to "Fonzie's Happy Days." Henry Winkler was receiving as much as 55,000 fan letters per week during the shows run.
    In 1980, the Smithsonian Museum of American History in Washington, D.C. put one of the Fonz's leather jackets on display.
    Click here to see a picture of The Fonz's leather jacket on display at the Smithsonian.The first leather jacket was stolen after the first year on Happy Days. They then had a new one made...they had one made when he waterskiied (in the Hollywood episodes) without a lining; and a backup. But the main one, he presented to the Smithsonian Institution in 1980 so they had to make another jacket for the next three seasons.

[h=2][/h]Added to {$list_name}

[h=2][/h]Removed from {$list_name}

[h=2][/h]Could not update {$list_name}

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
  8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

That's awesome, looks like a down to earth guy.
  9. BrownPats420

BrownPats420 Member 100 Posts

10. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

LUCKY!!!! Hope he comes down here to Louisiana