1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Error code P0122

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by COSSilverado, Jul 10, 2009.

1. COSSilverado

COSSilverado New Member

Hello, I am new to this forum and have a question. I have a 2000 Silverado 4x4 with the 5.3 engine w and automatic and just threw a P0122 TPS/Pedal position Sensor A circuit low input code last night.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so any guidance on troublshooting the problem or what the fix action was? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

A newbie...
  2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member 1000 Posts

The last time I saw that code the APPS sensor was bad. Has any electrical work been done on your truck recently? Did you get any water inside the cab?
  3. eallanboggs

eallanboggs New Member

Got to love Drive-by-Wire. Next comes steer by wire and brake by wire. Isn't technology grand?
  4. bill190

bill190 New Member

In the throttle body is the throttle and connected to this is a sensor. This sensor tells the engine computer how far open the throttle is. As the throttle opens, the computer knows to add more gas because of this sensor.

The diagnostic code you are getting is saying that the voltage the computer is reading from this sensor is lower than it should be getting.

First check that the battery is 12 something volts with the ignition on and not started (with a voltmeter). Then should be 13/14 volts after starting and the alternator begins charging the battery.

Then the problem with this sensor could be a loose electrical connector, or the sensor may just be worn and need replacement.