GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Escalade handles came today.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by adampaul1964, Oct 31, 2011.

1. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 New Member

FedEx came bearing gifts today. I ordered a set of Escalade door handles a few days ago, can't wait to get them on!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator

Adam.....Those Escalade Door Handles are going to Look Awesome on your Truck!!.....Can hardly wait to see pictures of them on your Truck.
  3. pmf608

pmf608 New Member

Nice! I'm in for pics once installed.

I really want a set of Escalade handles for my truck (like I said before, the avalanche with the plastic cladding got colormatched mirrors and door handles and the ones that weren't covered in plastic could only get black plastic handles and mirror caps). Hopefully next summer the budget will allow that.
  4. hotrodking86

hotrodking86 New Member

Those handles are going to make your truck shine, I saw a guy the other day on the freeway and I couldn't look away.
  5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member

Wooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooo!!!

Luvin em a lot! Those are absolutely beautiful, now you'll have the Cadillac bug and have to do a full Escalade front clip to really set them off. Now you get the daunting task of taking all the door panels off, not fun.......not fun at all especially if you have all power stuff.
  6. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 New Member

Cadillac front is not for me, I'm happy with the way the front end looks as it is. I'm not looking forward to the door panel removal, especially since I have 4 of them! There's a pretty good "how to" on here so it shouldn't be too bad. Gonna start on them in the morning.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  7. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 New Member

Tearing into it already this morning! 1 down 3 to go....

[​IMG]

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

All done...I really like the look over the cheap chrome covers that I had before. Installation was a breeze, except for the front door panels, they were a little tricky but the rear doors were a snap, 2 hours overall.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. silverhobey

silverhobey New Member

Adam ....they look great ....much install time ???...I am worried up here in Canada that the cold weather would not make
    chrome door handles last more then three or four years ???...great pics !!!
  9. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator

Adam.....the Escalade Door Handles Look AWESOME!!!.......I'll use your Words.......the Color Matching you have Done is Really Tasteful.
  10. pmf608

pmf608 New Member

Those look great Adam! I'm jealous. I'll try to be patient while I wait to buy mine....

I wouldn't be too worried about the weather here affecting them. They are the factory parts on Escalades and I'm yet to see any escalade that had the chrome handles in bad condition. I also had the cheap chrome covers (just on the handle itself, not the bucket like Adam had) on my Silverado for a few years and they still looked brand new when I sold that truck. The only thing stopping me from buying the escalade handles for my truck right now is the price.
  11. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 New Member

Just so you know, I only paid $120 for them (on E-Bay) and they are genuine G.M. Accessory parts. As for install time, I think I said previously it only took about 2 hours total. And Mike, soon I'll have my truck looking as good as yours. Here's a few more pics after I just finished cleaning her up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. silverhobey

silverhobey New Member

pmf608---thanks for the info on the 'other' covers ...not sure what I want to do ...I don't know how much more chrome I want. I think
    some decal(s) or pinstripe will offset the top section of my Crew near the Chrome Mirror Caps ( which are only ABS Plastic--so I hope they last )...Brian from Ontario Canada
  13. pmf608

pmf608 New Member

Would you happen to have the name of the seller? I've been watching the only ones that I can find for a couple of months now... they're $270 + $35 to ship them.
  14. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 New Member

15. pmf608

pmf608 New Member

I found the part number for mine (17801140) and ran a search to include auction descriptions. I came up with 5 results, all from the same seller, and all for $206 per set. When I run a search by paint code, the best price that comes up for a set of 4 is $187 per set from a dealer. Shipping is another $63 though, so its still at that $250 point.