1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Escalade Vs Range Rover

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by yukonlife, Jan 1, 2010.

1. yukonlife

yukonlife New Member

hi every body! I'm from montreal Canada and I have a GMC YUKON XL SLT AutoRide 2005
    - 20' BOSS wheels
    - XENON light
    - BLack front light cover
    - Chrome step
    - LCD TV
    - Fuul tint window
    - LED tail light
    - Chrome mirroir
    - Chrome gas trap
    - Chrome hood deflector
    - 40 LED between bumper and tailgate
    - Chrome door handle
    - Chrome window vent
    - AEM cold air intake
    - Magnaflow 3 1/2' stainless exhaust with cut out
    - Led and Chrome cluster
    - Dual chip 2 x 50 hp
    - Chrome hitch step

I love my truck, but I need to buy a second one! I was looking for a 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV with 12 000 milles... But, last week, I drove a 2008 Range Rover HSE and I LOVE IT!!! What do you think about those trucks???

* Sorry for my english!
  2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

:sign0016:to GMTC. A great place to hang out for all things GM.

Range Rovers offer luxury and have an excellent "truck" pedigree.
    I would definitely want to have a knowledgeable mechanic look the RR over.
    Probably not a whole lot of difference in total cost of ownership between the Escalade and the Rover.

Of course you may want to ask the same question at some of the Rover forums.

==> New members please click here for tips to making your first few posts count! <==

3. yukonlife

yukonlife New Member

Tank you for your comments! I think I wiil go with the escalade!
  4. Murdered-Knight

Murdered-Knight Member ROTM Winner

Heres my two cents.

Escalade looks better, but EVERYONE has one tricked out every which way, and the seats suck... they really do, my mother has one and the front seats are uncomfortable along with the back bucket seats.

My best friend just bought the Range Rover HSE Supercharged 2010, and i gotta say, it doesnt look as good, but when "tricked out" it looks a ton better. PLUS the seats are so much more comfortable.

Personally i love the Range Rover alot more.:glasses:
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Something to keep in mind is insurance and repair cost's.
    Insurance from most companies I quiried were a lot more for the Rover, parts an labor are also a lot more for the Rover, no one wants to think about their truck breaking down but if it does you dont want it driving you bankrupt trying to get it running again.
  6. itsabowtime2

itsabowtime2 Rockstar

Having been the owner 2 Land Rover products before my Tahoe let me say, runaway from the Rover as fast as you can. I have had both a Range Rover HSE and a Series II Discovery. The Rover was a nice riding truck, but the R&M will nickle and dime you to death over time. Mine started to fall apart before it hit 50,000 miles. The last straw was a air ride suspension issue that no dealer could figure out. One dealer had mine, and another running side by side with laptops hooked to both. Both trucks were giving identical readings, but my suspension would not work properly. The last trip into the dealer the truck had 48, yes 48 trouble codes.

Although better, the Disco had many issues as well.
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  7. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I like the Caddy! :glasses:
  8. yukonlife

yukonlife New Member

Do you think that the Range Rover wiil be able to tow my 26'' boat??
  9. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It may have the power but not really the capability to pull the boat, especially depending on what the boat is. Doesnt the Rover still have a Ford motor in it? i cant remember what the ESV is, suburban or Avalanche style?
  10. yukonlife

yukonlife New Member

The ESV is like a luxury Suburban. Since 2003, the Range Rover have a 4.4 L from BMW... ( like the BMW x5)