Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Escalade vs Tahoe or Yukon.

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by stchman, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

WOW I am sorry did you buy it new?
  2. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

no used at 29k in Chicago. drove away from the dealership and about 75 miles later heard the hum in the front end. Dealership said "Oh im sorry shoulda got the extended warranty with it" original test drive did not reveal any issues until it got nice and warm. :grrrrrr:
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Get a Carfax for it?
  4. the phantom

Yeah the dealer supplied one before I bought it. No problems there. Told me there was a remaining factory warranty until I drove 560 miles and traded in my 06 Honda Ridgeline that the factory warranty was 25 days out of warranty. Basically told me take it or leave it. Chicago Motor cars. Bad business practice and will never deal with again.
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Well if I move up to my wife Next month I'll pay them a visit for ya.. She's in Arlington Ht's IL
  6. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

The front diff bearings are covered under GM's 3/36 bumper to bumper since you only had 29K.
  7. the phantom

Yup and the dealership advertised remaining factory warranty. Problem was I bought it 3 years and 1 month after the original delivery date. Of course the stealership didn't tell me that until after I drove 556 miles with my trade in. SOL:grrrrrr:
  8. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

The reason I always buy new, I don't want anyone esle's freaking problems. I know how to maintain a car and I assume somebody else didn't maintain it.
  9. the phantom

I understand that but a (at the time) $50k plus truck at just over half price with only 29k miles on it. How many problems could someone have. Most of the problems were not even maintenance issues. It was just a lemon. Oh yeah no lemon law in Illinois from what I could find.
  10. Enkeiavalanche

As I said I might be moving to Il soon I'll find that dealer for ya and give him a good...[​IMG]