1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Euro lights for barn doors

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by NTMD8R911, Sep 27, 2009.

1. NTMD8R911

NTMD8R911 New Member

Hi I'm a new guy with a new toy
    I have an 03 Z71 Tahoe with barn doors, I've been thinking about where I will begin with my mods and started looking for LED and Euro lights. I noticed almost every light I liked, had an asterisk stating it would not fit Barn door models. Does anyone know what the differences in lights are dimensions, mounts or whatever. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks in advance,Keith
  2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Thread Killer Extraordinaire Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

It might be that they poke out beyond the sheet metal at the corner of the truck. So, if a barn door were to be opened fully, it would hit the taillight lense and break it. The doors usually open nearly to the sheet metal.
  3. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'm not sure why they wouldn't work but I speak from experience, if it says it wont work, DON'T try to make them work unless you are 100% sure you can do it and don't mind putting in the time, I've gotten screwed a couple of times.
  4. NTMD8R911

NTMD8R911 New Member

Thanks I never thought about that part
    In response to Crawdaddy
  5. NTMD8R911

NTMD8R911 New Member

Yeh, uh oh's are oh no's when it comes to money