evap code update po446

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by vaportrail, Jan 24, 2008.

1. vaportrail

vaportrail New Member

Last fall I asked if anyone had an evap code problem w/ a 01 tahoe 5.3L. the saga continues! The only thing different is that it is now cold & the code stays off if I leave the truck outside. If I bring it in the garage overnight (45*) the next am it will code po446 again & doesn't go out. I have replaced the fuel cap w/ gm cap per vin#. and the sol. vent valve.
    any ideas/ experience???????????? ( this has been going on for over a year & it also has been evap fogged with "I can't find a problem - that'll be 160 bucks")
    &*$%^$#@

2. z71silverado04

z71silverado04 New Member

this system will usually not run in the cold weather so that is why when you park in the garage it will set the code i looked it up and there is a revised vent valve which you said you replaced it also said to check for a restricted fuel tank vapor line or the fuel tank presure sensor could be bad i have also seen a hose ran from the valve depending on what kind up to the top of tranny so that it dont pick up dust.

3. ascalese

ascalese New Member

I had an equinox with a similar problem

The Dealership replaced the cap which didn't fix it then they replaced the filler neck and I never got the error again.

4. vaportrail

vaportrail New Member

I cringe at the dealership word!
    I'll look at that possiblilty when the weather warms up. Have replaced fuel cap w/ dealer supplied using vin#.