Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Ever heard of Anaheim Industries?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Twithers, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Twithers

Twithers New Member

I recently picked up a 1989 suburban. Basic 350, 2-wheel drive model. But apparently when it left the factory, it was sent to Anaheim Industries in Texas to get a conversion van type upgrade. Does anyone know anything about this company or a way to find out what their build order was for my 'burb?

Also, as the owner of 2 suburbans previously, but new to the '89, I have a couple questions.

1. Does anyone know where I can download an owner's manual? Either the Chevy or the Anaheim Industries or both?

2. Where can I download a shop or service manual?

3. I put the a/c on and after a minute or so the blower stopped blowing and now won't blow air in any setting. Any ideas where to start on that?

4. Is there another fuse panel beside the one under the driver's side dash?

5. The stereo system looks stock, but only the driver's side speaker works. No crackling or popping from any other speakers, just silent. Any hints?

Thanks in advance for the help. I look forward to getting a lot of enjoyment out of my new 'burb.

2. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

never heard of tehm, but it will be interesting to read when someone
    replies who knows..............Brian from Canada,,,

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Whats in the truck? Wood over cup holders? Running boards? Extra chrome? There were a Ton of upfitters back in the 80's and early 90's but most have disappeared or gone out of Biz.. . As for the speakers at that age they are dust.. I would look into redoing the system.. Can you post up some pics?

4. Twithers

Twithers New Member

The company, Anaheim Industries, is still in business. They seem to do mostly armored car upgrades and "CEO Suburban Conversion". In mine, they put custom leather seats in, with captains chairs in the first and second rows, wood trim all over and running boards. It also seems to ride much lower, but then again, my other 2 burbs were 4x4, so maybe this is just how a 2x4 sits.

I'll put up some pics tomorrow.

Thanks

5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Ok sounds good As I said there were many Co's that did all of that Most of the parts you could find in JC Whitney catalogs..

6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

7. oldmanstruck

oldmanstruck Member

like this?
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/3549379236.html

We had a 1988 2WD for over 10 year in the family.
    I recall the owner manual is very basic. The only thing I found "useful" was how to set the clock/stereo :)
    Your 89 should have old style R12 AC system, doesn't the fan work at all? In ours, the fan worked on High only and the problem was a bad resistor. (My AC wasn't blowing cold and didn't bother to fix it)

I took the dash apart once during my restoration (with stereo upgrade) don't recall seeing any hidden fuse box. You should able to see everything under the dash. For the radio, if it is stock, it probably is bad by now. The stock one I had, the sound was popping so I replaced the head unit (put it under the center console to keep the stock look).
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sh...88-suburban-project-mostly-DIY?highlight=1988