1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ever wonder why your Cable just goes out?

Discussion in 'Games Forum' started by Cableguy, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

A Garter snake crawls into a power supply and...boom. Cable out, snakey gone. :great:

High voltage power supply VS Garter snake

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

lol, I gues it was warm in there, maybe a lil too warm!
  3. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Ya like 800 to a 1000 degrees for a split second. :rofl:

So I guess this could be called draw...Snake 0, Powersupply 0
  4. Mean_Green_95

lol, but cable company 1, since it got rid of one pest.
  5. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Critters can cause trouble. I had a generator at a cell site that was triggering all kinds of abnormal alarms. It took a couple of visits to isolate the issue, but it was a rodent that had built its nest on top of the alarm collection panel. Whenever the little guys body would bridge the contacts an alarm would trip.

One of my favorites was one circulating the internet awhile back. The electrocuted bear which you can read about at: http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/electrocutedbear.asp

Now that's biting off more than you can chew!
    [​IMG]
  6. Mean_Green_95

damn, that bear was messed up!
  7. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Poor little fella!

The last house we lived in had a stove with one ring that wasn't working. After a few weeks I decided to go ahead and open the back to see if any fuses were blown, if there was power going to the ring, etc etc.

Well I open up the back and on the wiring for the knob there's a mouse, petrified, still hanging on to the bare wires with a surprised look on his face.

Poor little fella!!
  8. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Okay seriously this thread made my day, I kind of laughed at that snake at first and then I felt sorry for it. I have never had any problems like that before, but a few years ago I brought my car down off of the car lift and started it. The next thing I knew there were feathers flying everywhere, I felt horrible because the engine fan had chopped up a bunch of baby birds. Now whenever I go to start a car, I always check under the hood. Well I guess if our satellite dish ever goes out, I should go out and check for creepy critters~
  9. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

lol thats sucks
  10. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Little feller? Hell that was a good sized garter snake. It is a least enough to feed a family of four. You did have him/her for dinner didn't ya?
    man I would have added him to the stew and nobody would have known.