Everyone just busy?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Curky, Jun 14, 2013.

1. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

lolwut? ......

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Busy working, daytime job has employee issues causing me to work 10 hr days with most days spent out of town adding to my commute.
    Nighttime job (my own buisness) is doing the normal summer ramp up.

3. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

good luck, what did you get? Or do we all have to wait to see?lol

that sucks but at the same time getting paid is a great thing. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Glad to see everyone stop by here and say something. :party: next time I'll bring the drinks. Lol

4. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I've been real busy and have only been able to pop in and out, which I guess is why I didn't realize there was Steve/surrealone issue. Hopefully it's not a permaban and he comes back as he will be missed.

5. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I've been extremely busy for the last couple weeks. I chose to leave my long time job working for the family business. This has been the hardest decision I have ever had to make. There is a lot of stress, worries about resentment, and guilt that goes along with doing so, but ultimately I have to do what is best for me and my family. I absolutely love to do what I do, but was just not happy leaving for work in the morning any more. This is the first time I have been unemployed in 13 years and it's a really scary thing for me. I have been starting my days at 4:30AM, commuting about an hour or more to keep myself busy and some money coming in. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I have an meeting set up with a local business owner in the same field for 7AM Monday morning.

Congrats Pikey!!!!!

Looking forward to having some more free time soon!

6. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

[MENTION=43318]FrigginNoodles[/MENTION] , you do have to do what is best for you and your family. I wish you the best of luck with the job interview Monday.

7. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Thanks [MENTION=53221]Curky[/MENTION]. Definitely a struggle, but I'm keeping my head up and the wife has been here supporting my decisions 100%

8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

We don't publicly discuss moderation actions on this site that involve actual users.

I hope the fact that we let posts like this stay up and open on the site would speak volumes towards the ways and the means by which this site is managed.

Now, as to why content creation is slow ... This happens at the beginning of every summer. Right when the days are long and schools are out and people begin to take their vacations. Should last maybe another couple of weeks I would speculate based on past trends.

9. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

I finished my suspension upgrades today... I installed ReadyLIFT UCA kit, ReadyLIft leveling kit and two inch blocks for the rear. Still have to schedule an alignment this week. I am really happy with the result... got me additional 2 inches in the front. I installed the two inch blocks to keep a little rake for towing.

10. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Photos? Nice.