Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

exaust swap

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by peacekeeper, Sep 12, 2009.

1. peacekeeper

peacekeeper New Member

I have an 01 1500 suburban w/5.3 and am lookng to buy an 05 2500 suburban w/8.1, I have a nice cat-back exaust on my 01, will it fit the 05 with the big block????? I would like to take it off the old truck and put it on the new one....Thanks

2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My initial guess would be no, as most likely the 8.1 would need a larger diameter pipe and larger muffler, but you never know. If you had the part # and brand of exhaust for your particular 5.3 burb it would help alot.

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

It could be made to fit, but it wont be a direct bolt on swap.
    You'll have to do some fabricating,
    You'll be better off buying a new system specifically made for your new truck.

4. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

they have these things that make the mufflers inlet diameter bigger, but your better off with a new exhaust.

5. Big B

Big B Member

Won't fit, just spend the money and install a new one, most exhaust shops do not want to help you, they hate messing with old pipe:great: