1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

exaust

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by bigproskine, Nov 6, 2010.

1. bigproskine

bigproskine Member

thinking about cuting off stock muffler puting on a glass pack?? good idea ?
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Do you like your neighbors? How much noise do you want?
  3. Quad racer#212

Quad racer#212 Rockstar

Man glass packs sound like junk on wheels
  4. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  5. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Everyone has there own opinion and different trucks sound different. I put true duals and glasspacks on my 94 5.7 and everyone loved it and it sounded great so I figured I'd go with the same setup when I bought my 6.0 right?! Not so much, its loud as h***! but doesn't sound very good to be honest. But for me, I like'm loud :)
  6. bigproskine

bigproskine Member

thanks for all yur replies guess i have sum thinkin to do now
  7. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Open headers!:rofl:
  8. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I'm not a fan of glasspacks but if thats the exhaust sound you want it's your truck.
    Do yourself a favor though and check the local noise ordinances and vehicle equipment regulations a lot of areas are coming out with new laws reguarding exhaust system modifications and noise limits.
    Also look at the laws in different cities and counties you drive to as they may have restrictions that'll get you a ticket.
    Most people tend to forget that even though your vehicle may be registered somewhere else it's a requirement it be operated and equiped according to the laws of the location its being operated in.
  9. bwoody

bwoody New Member

Im a fan of straight pipes myself...i have a 97 silverado with true duals still has the stock cats i just had the exhaust shop take the muffler and run the duals out at 45s and it sounds awsome.....i mean its loud but i can barley hear it in the truck its when you get on it that you can really hear it..ive never been pulled over...as for the 5.3 my buddys got his straightpiped as well and it sounds bad ass..it has a deeper tone than my 5.7 cause it has biger pippes off of the manifolds..but the cats on these trucks hold back alot of noise..as far as mufflers everyone has flowmaster...yea they sound good but you can tell flowmasters by there rasp tone...magnaflows too are nice but if you want a distinct sound ..go for corsa or borla ..when i put headers and 3 inch from headers with no cats im going to run them corsa db mufflers they sound bad ass..but with a pretty price..just check around on youtube you can hear a variety.
  10. GrizzlyTN

GrizzlyTN Rockstar 100 Posts

Check out my pics on my profile, I got Flowmaster Super44 offroad Duals from the cat back, with 3.5" chrome tips. Sounds deep with plenty of rumble