1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Excessive Cab Noise - 2010 Chevy Silverado & 2010 GMC Sierra Road Noise

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Hawgin1, May 5, 2010.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Well I know I had posted that my truck was fixed but I had only driven it on the city streets and then went on the highway, noise was back. I love my truck and don't want to get rid of it but it would be nice if GM could fix it. I wish this was my only problem that I have had with my truck, for a truck that is into the 4th year of the model GM really should have there **** together.

2. feb

feb Rockstar

John, thanks again for the TSB you sent me for the rear cab noise. I would not have seen the TSB had you not mentioned it. Around September I took my truck in and they preformed all of the fixes available up to that date. It stopped the noise pretty much, but not all the way. I brought my truck to the dealership this morning and showed them the new TSB. They are going to order the rear pad with the rubber backing. It should be in in a couple of days. I will let you guys know what happens. Again - thanks John.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  3. John Hankel

John Hankel New Member

Glad I could help. I hope this solves the issue for you. My hope is people can finally get their trucks fixed and that the dealers will not hassle anyone about getting the TSB performed. My dealer had no problems with moving directly to this tsb instead of starting at the first one. I think it says right on this one to ignore the first tsb's and just complete this set of fixes...

4. Do you have the tsb number.

Don't worry I think I found it. TSB 10-08-58-00IF

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  5. John Hankel

John Hankel New Member

Yep, that is it...

6. Arclight

Arclight New Member

7. feb

feb Rockstar

The new parts are in and my truck is going to the dealership tomorrow. I will let you guys know how it turns out.

8. feb

feb Rockstar

Just picked up my truck and drove it home. It is super quiet now. Looks like the rubber backed pad did the trick. Now to see what I can do about the tire noise - mabe rear fender liners?

9. John Hankel

John Hankel New Member

Glad you are pleased with the fix. I know it sure has made a difference in my truck. I know I thanked my dealer and told them to pass it on to GM that they kept with it and finally found a way to solve the problem. I do hope others take their trucks in and get them updated...

10. ---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

Glad to hear your truck is quiet now, I put the liners in and no difference but I then switched my tires to my winter and most of the noise is gone. The goodyears are crap.

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Could you email it to me, thanks.

canadiantowman[MENTION=31637]gma[/MENTION]il.com

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012