1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Excessive Cab Noise - 2010 Chevy Silverado & 2010 GMC Sierra Road Noise

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Hawgin1, May 5, 2010.

1. Thank you John for emailing the tbs to me, I will be going into my dealer and show them and see when they can fix it.
  2. Arclight

Arclight New Member

Could someone pls email me the TSB? I want to get my Sierra fixed.

crash471@yahoo.com

Thx
    Arc
  3. feb

feb Rockstar

Sorry, I sent the wrong one. Correct one is on its way
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  4. Arclight

Arclight New Member

Got it!! Thanks a million Frank!
  5. phxlab

phxlab New Member

I just found this forum and thread. I have the same noise problem, along with tire vibration. I have a 2012 LTZ, CC,4x4,SB,SRW. Signed for it Wed 2/8, because they said they would switch tires from another truck. That didn't fix the problem, so taking it in tomorrow for 4 new tires.

It would be great if someone could email me the TSB 10-08-58-001f, so I could show them if they balk.
    I hope this is truly a fix. Very disappointing to buy an expensive vehicle and have basic problems.

phxlab@cox.net

Thanks very much.
  6. feb

feb Rockstar

7. phxlab

phxlab New Member

Just got home from dinner.
    YES! Thank you very much. Leaving for dealer at 0630 tomorrow, and very happy to have this in hand.
    I will report back with results.
    Thanks again.
  8. phxlab

phxlab New Member

feb,
    Just read this from one of your posts.
    " "I have to bring my truck in this week for the Dealership to change my windshield. It is defective with a lot of waves in it - like the oldtime window panes."
    Just wondering how bad it was? I looked through my windshield from outside the passenger side, and saw some waves, but didn't think too much of it, until I read your post.
    Will add this to the growing list when I take the truck in this morning.
    Thanks.

---------- Post added at 04:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 AM ----------

feb,
    I saw that you had your windshield replaced due to waves. Just wondering how bad it was?
    I happened to look through my windshield from outside the passenger door, and saw some waves, but didn't think too much of it, until I saw your post.
    One more thing to add to the list when I take it in today.
    Thanks
  9. phxlab

phxlab New Member

Dealer kept truck over night. Said they were working on the truck all day trying to get the right fitting of wheels and tires.
    More than a full day to install and balance 4 tires? I asked if there will be any problems down the road if they have this much trouble just balancing them and he said no, just want to get it right the first time. Makes me wonder. Will report back after picking up truck.
  10. feb

feb Rockstar

My windshield was pretty bad. The curve on the passenger side was so bad, it distorted the view. I was actually talking to my salesman, he is a good friend of mine and we are both musicians. I told him that there was a spot in the glass I could not clean, it always looked blurry. He stood by the door on the driver side and looked from the inside at the passenger side and he said the glass is defective. Once I saw what he was looking at, I couldn't believe that I had missed that. The glass was also wavey towards the middle - around where the rear view mirror is. We drove to the service department and they ordered a new glass.