Excessive Cab Noise - 2010 Chevy Silverado & 2010 GMC Sierra Road Noise

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Hawgin1, May 5, 2010.

1. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

not that I have put alot of miles on mine so far, but the road noise dosnt seem bad at all. its quieter then my 05 was, so im happy with it.

the salesman said that he checked and all applicable TSBs had been done. maybe it was already taken care of.

just offering my .02. sorry some of you all are having issues.

Alex

2. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I read this thread the other day and it seemed like most complaints were from 2010 trucks. Then I seen some from 2012. Maybe I has something to do with were it was assembled. Like I said mine doesn't seem that bad.

3. rotti

rotti New Member

Any further updates on the cab noise?

I just purchased a 2012 Chevy LTZ 2500HD CCSB 4x4 and I also notice the wind type noise from the right rear. In fact I pulled over to check thinking a window or the rear slider was open. Mentioned it to the dealer and of course they had never heard of such a thing......idiots.

Guess I will return with this: TSB 10-08-58-00IF. Is there a link for the actual bulletin I could print out and is this the latest fix?
    Glad I found this thread.
    Thanks.

4. John Hankel

John Hankel New Member

I have it at home. I can email you tonight unless someone beats me to it...

5. Fenian

Fenian New Member

Jesus they're still selling new trucks with this issue?

There is a problem here. Thank God I opted for the extended cab.

6. vstar650ca

vstar650ca New Member

Ok guys just joined this site and seen all the problems with wind noise.Had the same issue.Here is my fix,the pieces of black trim on both sides of the windshield were the problem,Run a bead of black or clear silicon between the trim and the glass. Apparently the trim was fluttering in the wind and made a hell of a racket at speeds over 50 mph.my 2011 Silverado is as quite as a tomb now.Hope this helps

7. rickyd

rickyd New Member

I have the PDF file TSB 10-08-58-001E Service Bulletin if anyone wants a copy

I tried to upload the 3mb PDF Service Bulletin file but I guess it was over the forum's size limit
    Mine ends with E, not F - so there might be a newer one around.
    Sorry but I no longer have the link to where I found this one. I found the link listed somewhere within this forum.

If you want me to email you the 3mb PDF file that I have, email me at rickdrozd@gmail.com
    I printed it out and took this bulletin to my dealer and they immediately went to work on my truck. They did not have a copy of it in the service area.
    Be warned, the fix my dealer did lasted only a few months, my 2010 GMC Sierra has wind noise again - whatever they did didn't last long. Sounds like the right rear window or door is ajar. There was a strong odor of silicone rubber when I got the truck back.

8. rotti

rotti New Member

Thanks rickyd....email sent.

9. feb

feb Rockstar

PM sent to you. What is the date on the TSB

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  10. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

almost hit 100,000 pageviews on this thread.