1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

excited finally getting all my work done

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by SargeZ71, Feb 3, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. SargeZ71

SargeZ71 New Member

I havent posted in a loooong time but finally decided to put finish my truck after a year of figuring out if i really wanted to spend the money. Tomorrow it will be completely finished and i cant wait to see the results. I have a 2005 Z71 Crew Cab i bought about 15 months ago. Still only has 60k miles on it. It is the Pewter color which i wasnt a huge fan of at first but has grown on me.

well this week this what ive done or doing.

17 inch Pro comp rims
    33 inch Cooper Discovery SST tires...surprised at how agressive they look
    leveling kit/shocks
    black brush guard
    black low profile tool box
    44 series flow masters.
    Black nerf bars

Cant wait til Saturday for everything to be complete. Hope it looks good and just thought id share.
  2. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla Member 100 Posts

Sounds like you put a lot into it, can't wait to see some pics of those upgrades..
  3. SargeZ71

SargeZ71 New Member

i will definitely get some of them posted on saturday...im hoping it looks good.

i see a lot of trucks in pics on here with black bow ties. Anyone have a place to order these for a z71 or are people just painting them?
  4. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Most just paint them, can't wait to see the upgrades on a fellow '05 Crew!
  5. SargeZ71

SargeZ71 New Member

is there any specific paint you would use?
  6. mad1500hd

mad1500hd New Member 100 Posts

Can't wait to see the pics...:glasses:
  7. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

sounds like a good set of mods. cant wait to see how it turned out.

PS I'm kinda partial to the pewter :rofl:
  8. SargeZ71

SargeZ71 New Member

i see you have the cooper discovery st's....that is what i just got put on about 15 minutes ago accept i went with a 33...

tomorrow is the leveling kit, brush guard, and tool box....then ill take pics.
  9. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

did you get the ST like me
    wheel 3.jpg

or did you get the STT
    http://us.coopertire.com/Tires/Light-Truck/DISCOVERER-STT.aspx?tab=2
    which is more like the Toyo open country? I was looking at the STT but couldnt quite pull the trigger on 275 a tire. I have 13k on my tires and love them so far. Not too loud (STT will be louder) but they are an aggressive tread so they do make noise. I would have a bunch more miles on them but I bought a commuter car last year so the miles arent piling up (which isnt a bad thing). Tread wear is great so far, and I have heard some say they have gotten near the 60k mile range with them.
  10. SargeZ71

SargeZ71 New Member

i got the stt...and they are pretty loud...but not horrible...they are pretty beastly looking though..love them...for 1200 installed, balanced, etc. i cant complain at all...

i get everything else done at 9 tomorrow...ill try to get pics up tomorrow sometime.