Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Exhaust and bolt on mods ideas

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by 97Prieto, Oct 29, 2013.

1. 97Prieto

97Prieto New Member

I have a 1997 c1500 with the 5.7L. I was wanting to change out my flowmaster exhaust from a single 50 series muffler to true dual super 44 or dual 40 series.(which would sound better). also i was wanting to install some shorty headers and high flow cats but not sure what size pipe would work best to keep it sounding deep. the motor is stock for now. also wanted to know what are some good bolt on mods i can do.

2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

with the exhaust if you go true dual, run a "x" or "H" pipe in the system to help equalize pressure. The other bolt on to go with exhaust is a Cold air intake.

3. 97Prieto

97Prieto New Member

Which would be better or are they equal?

4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Anything that helps the motor to breath can help, but helps more if the vehicle is tuned for it. Sadly the late 90's OBS trucks can't be tuned that much because even tho they have OBDII no one makes tunes or tuners for them.

5. Dworms86

Dworms86 New Member

Does a Cold Air Intake help the 350 that much? Just wondering, have looked at them in the past and never purchased. I currently have the basic top mount air filter with a K/N filter.