1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Exhaust (Corsa) for 2005 Suburban Z71 thoughts? (Lots of Miles Driven per week)

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Sal Khan, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Sal Khan

Sal Khan New Member

Just signed up and was doing some searching but didn't seem to come up with an answer doing a threat title search. If I missed a discussion on this please except my apologies.

Have had a 2005 Z71 Suburban since March and I drive about 1800-2400 miles/week in it for work. It has done a perfect job so far but I was getting itch to change some things so I started looking around and Corsa Exhaust really seemed like a nice system, but I know nothing about them (I'm a motorcycle guy).

Along with the sound, even 1 MPG increase will be huge for me because of the way I'm reimbursed for my mileage though my company. So I wouldn't mind a system with a nice system that sounds great with the windows down through town (Or a tunnel? :D ), but when the windows are up and I'm driving from Philly to Pittsburgh, I don't want to be clinically insane because of any droning once I get out.

The Corsa Touring systems seems nice but I don't know how much quieter it is than the Sport? Does anyone have any input that may have heard both from inside?

Or... any other recommendations for systems that I may have overlooked? I'm looking for something that will last a long time and, again, not as noticeable when sitting inside the tank.

Thanks!

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I have the touring system in my 08 Avalanche with the 5.3.. It sounds good on the outside but inside there is no Drown as they say.. Sounds good opened up....I like it....

3. bluestreak94

bluestreak94 Rockstar

I've got an '04 Suburban with the 5.3, replaced the stock exhaust with a Flowmaster series 40 and a Spectre cold air intake. Get compliments on the nice sound. Not overbearing, just right. I'll get back to you on the improvement on MPG's after I change my spark plugs tomorrow!

4. Sal Khan

Sal Khan New Member

Thanks for the input so far guys... really appreciate it!

Yeah as I drove my 240 miles this morning I kind of paid attention and realized that interior noise will be a big deal because I spend a decent amount of time on the phone as well while I drive (hands free, of course) but I have a feeling that won't be too big of an issue. I also probably end up doing the intake as well while I'm at it. Hell, maybe I can write it off on my taxes at the end of year. ;)

I know not to expect miracles with the MPGs but with the way my mileage reimbursement is setup, even a little bit extra will help over the course of the year.

Hopefully I'll make a decision in the coming weeks when I have some free time!

5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

6. Sal Khan

Sal Khan New Member

In case anyone was interested... I thought I'd post an update.

Quality of the system seems to be top notch. I had the exhaust installed for me and the gentleman said he was impressed [which surprised me a little since I didn't exactly buy it from him :D ]

Sound is perfect. It's only subtle while sitting in the vehicle but just loud enough to be "nice" from the outside or when going through a tunnel. In fact, FIPK is far louder from the interior!

I think I've put about 75,000 miles since my original post, and not a single bad thing to say so far!

7. ahm1127

ahm1127 Rockstar 100 Posts

You love the Corsa Exhaust, did you also change intake? How much improvement did you get in MPG?

8. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

a exhaust and a intake will get you about 1 mpg, maybe 1.5 highway if you drive it real gentle like, suburbans are just beasts, only so much you can do. a tune on the other hand, that would help you some more, but that has a corresponding cost.

my tuner, exhaust and intake was just about 1k.

something to think about.

Alex

9. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I put a JET power programmer on my 03 yukon xl, it also has a corsa system. went from 16mpg on the highway to about 19. well worth the investment

10. stephenwsmith

stephenwsmith Member

Smiling, what is a tuner, sorry I dont know what that is?

What kind of mileage could I expect on a 2002 Suburban 2500 with the 6 liter engine, with and without a tuner,

Sorry I dont know really what that is. I understand intake and exhaust.. I'm looking to do a exhaust replacement
    what would you guys recommend I do, since mine is rusty.

I plan on keeping truck for 10 years.

Regards,

Stephen