1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

exhaust cut outs after cats

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by 09colo, Feb 26, 2012.

1. 09colo

09colo New Member

those of you considering cut outs on our 3.7s,do yourself a favor get a good muffler instead. unless your going to eliminate your cats. I decided to get the cut out and what a mistake it was.....it sounds nice at idle, but other then that it sucks. you lose a lot of bottom end grunt. and the sound in the cabin is terrible. i now keep it closed. with what i spent on the cut out and install ,about a hundred dollars. i could have put a little more in and gotten a good flowmaster, dynomax, or whatever. i think it would have sounded better, and the performance would still be there. anyone who is considering this move would probably be better off going staight pipe. hope i have helped someone.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Sorry to hear this mod didnt work out for you, but if its any consolation you may be helping other not to make the same mistake.

3. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the GM T C! Thanks for sharing!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012