1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Exhaust duals.?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by hondarider94, Nov 26, 2011.

1. hondarider94

hondarider94 New Member

I have a 01 chevy 1500. 2wd standard cab with the 5.3l.

I want an exhaust system thats midly loud.I want it to be a DEEP RUMBLE though. Not a raspy throaty noise.

I was thinking True duals. On my stock exhaust now, the 02 senso is before the exhuast from both sides of the engine come together. Its on the right side of the engine.

But What mufflers should i get?
    My buddy has the Flowtech Warlocks on his 04 2500 http://www.jegs.com/p/Flowtech/Flowtech-Warlock-Racing-Mufflers/744884/10002/-1.
    Now i like the idea of the removable cap to make it straight piped. His is just obnoxious as all get out without the caps and it would be cool to run it like that every once in awhile. But i his isnt very deep and its kind of raspy with the plugs in and running as "true duals"
    He has his running from 2.75 to 3 and told me to just get it converted over to 3 earlier and closer to the engine than he did.

BUT what is your guys opinion?

I WANT DEEP MEAN RUMBLE NO RASPY STUFF

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

im wanting some mufflers that are less than 120 each. I saw a video of a 2500hd with super 44s and magnaflow hi flow cats that sounded SICK
  2. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

3. hondarider94

hondarider94 New Member

that is exactly what i like. Except i didnt want to spend around 400 before installation. With the high flow cats and the super 44 series..
  4. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Those True Dual 10's sound good!