1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Exhaust for a 2013 Silverado 1500 W/ 6.2 L ????

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by JKeshler23, Sep 23, 2012.

1. JKeshler23

JKeshler23 New Member

I'm looking for an exhaust for my 2013 Silverado 1500 W/ 6.2 L..... Anyone have any experience with this? Chop muffler out and replace with something else? Catback system, if so which one (I want an agressive sound) ???

Thanks guys !
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Theres a lot of decent cat back systems on the market and each one has a different sound to it, many of the manufacturers websites have sound clips for their products, it you go to YouTube theres more sound clips.

My personal favorite system is to cut off in front of the muffler, weld on a Flow Master single in dual out with new pipes to the back of the truck, weld on tips of your preference then sit back and enjoy the music. Depending on the shop this type exhaust normally runs under $250.
  3. rkpalm

rkpalm New Member

I put a flowmaster 50 series on my 6.2L and love it. It is not to loud but is aggresive at full throttle. I also removed my resinator and did not make a big difference in sound. The only thing to watch for is that the stock system is 3.5" piping, make sure the muffler is a 3.5" inlet and outlet. Most mufflers are for the 2 1/4" pipes on regular trucks, and reducing the pipeing would do more harm than the good of replaceing the muffler.
  4. b-radical

b-radical New Member

I say the under bed dump is the best. you don't have to worry about your mufflers getting all bent out of shape and you really hear the music.

- - - Updated - - -

Although I did read somewhere on this forum that eliminating the last bend on the tailpipe reduces MPG. can anyone verify this?
  5. mikepol2

mikepol2 New Member

I just traded in a 2009 Silverado 6.2 for a 2013 5.3 because the mileage was killing me, I drive a lot for work but definitely miss the 6.2. Since the pipe sizes are different, is there a way to use some kind of adapters to weld a 6.2 factory muffler onto my truck in place of the 5.3 muffler? I understand the tradeoff of power for mileage but maybe at least I can get back that 6.2 sound. Don't wanna go aftermarket, too loud on long trips (had an older 5.3 with a Magnaflow catback).
  6. dobey

dobey Member

I really like the sound of the Banks Monster exhaust. A little pricier than others, but best sounding Iv'e found so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't look at the dates, and just realized your post is why this thread came up top. You can get adapters at Auto Zone or Napa to step the exhaust diameter up/down to get the 6.2 muffler in. But just putting the 6.2 muffler in won't make it sound like a 6.2. You'd need a full exhaust.