Exhaust help - True Dual Exhaust Possible???

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Jordan, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Jordan

Jordan New Member

I went to the muffler shop where i got my exhaust done originaly and i liked there work so i asked him how much it would cost to put true duals and an H pipe and he said he couldnt do it without throwin the sensors, but my buddy did it on a truck the same as mine and it didnt. Has anybody done this and did it throw the sensors? Also would an h pipe or an x pipe be better for tourqe?
    Im tryin to get it as loud as i can without removing the cats.
    Please help with any of the questions.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2010
  2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i dont see why it would through a code by doing that, but who know these days. I would think as lonk as it was after the cats it wouldnt make a difference, but also unless you plan on getting long tube headers and high flow cats i dont think it would be a big difference or worth the cost.

3. omegafiler

omegafiler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

First, try a different exhaust shop. As long as the exhaust is done after the cats, (ie. cat-back system), there won't be any issues with sensors or throwing codes. I'd also consider ditching the "true duals" route. Just have 'em create a Y after the muffler and you're good to go!

4. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

yeah if you are just doing a cat- back the just a single in dual out is gonna work better, unless you are starting at the motor and replacing it all putting a dual in and out would loose to much backpressure as it didnt come that way from the factory