1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Exhaust help - True Dual Exhaust Possible???

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Jordan, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Jordan

Jordan New Member

I went to the muffler shop where i got my exhaust done originaly and i liked there work so i asked him how much it would cost to put true duals and an H pipe and he said he couldnt do it without throwin the sensors, but my buddy did it on a truck the same as mine and it didnt. Has anybody done this and did it throw the sensors? Also would an h pipe or an x pipe be better for tourqe?
    Im tryin to get it as loud as i can without removing the cats.
    Please help with any of the questions.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2010
  2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i dont see why it would through a code by doing that, but who know these days. I would think as lonk as it was after the cats it wouldnt make a difference, but also unless you plan on getting long tube headers and high flow cats i dont think it would be a big difference or worth the cost.

3. omegafiler

omegafiler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

First, try a different exhaust shop. As long as the exhaust is done after the cats, (ie. cat-back system), there won't be any issues with sensors or throwing codes. I'd also consider ditching the "true duals" route. Just have 'em create a Y after the muffler and you're good to go!

4. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

yeah if you are just doing a cat- back the just a single in dual out is gonna work better, unless you are starting at the motor and replacing it all putting a dual in and out would loose to much backpressure as it didnt come that way from the factory