Exhaust ideas for 2003 GMC Sierra - Dual Exhaust

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by RyGuyGMC, Mar 16, 2010.

1. RyGuyGMC

RyGuyGMC New Member

i have a 2003 gmc sierra 1500 5.3L 4X4 and i am looking to put on a dual exhaust of some sort, i want there to be a slight rumble to it when idling and a good clean roar when taking off and the idling rumble when cruising or as close to that as i can get.... im not sure what pipe sizes or muffler brand and series would be best. i was thinking maybe 2 or 2 1/2 piping with magnaflow 40 series mufflers and 3 inch tips but i am open to all suggestions, please speak your thoughts any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  2. brogers93

brogers93 New Member

Just put a Flowmaster American Thunder cat back on my 06 Sierra. 2.5" pipes with Super 44 muffler and 3" polished tips. It sounds great at idle and under acceleration but surprisingly, very little drone while cruising. Cost about 350 bucks and easy to install in driveway. I'm very happy with it!

3. catbert

catbert Rockstar

I put on a dual outlet stainless steel Magnaflow and ran the pipes straight out the back of the truck, The sound is better than any cat-back system I've ever had. I didn't run larger than stock pipes.