Exhaust Ideas?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Lexi_Girl4801, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Lexi_Girl4801

Lexi_Girl4801 New Member

I'm putting exhaust on my truck but the only thing is...I don't know much about it. It's not really my specialty haha.
    It'll be going on my 2001 Silverado.
    So, I'm looking for something that's going to be loud, but I don't want it to be obnoxious. It's gotta sound good, though.
    If you have any suggestions, let me know please!! I would like brand, size, etc.
    Thank you so much :)

2. shannon41539

shannon41539 New Member

I have a flowmaster american thunder exhaust, it is single in and dual out. It sounds great. The flowmaster 40 series is what you want , it gets a little loud when you take off or go up a hill but it is pretty quiet after you get your speed up to cruizin mode around 60 mph. A AFE or K&N cold air intake also helps your sound.

3. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I'll say a Flowmaster 44. Sounds really good inside and out but I don't like my truck being too loud so maybe my opinion doesn't count :lol:

4. Salesguy1980

Salesguy1980 Rockstar 100 Posts

Banks Monster exhaust sounds good and is loud but mellow at cruising speeds. Also check out a thrush cherry bomb if you want loud, cheap and stocked at most parts stores. Check you tube too for ideas

5. lindsaynuts8

lindsaynuts8 Member

i have a vx muffler with dual exhaust 2.5"input and 3" output and it sounds real smooth. a lower pitch and sounds pretty loud too

6. 4x4squared

4x4squared Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

what engine does your truck have? i have dual flowmaster 40s, 2 1/2 in/ 2 1/2 out, with long tube headers and it sounds pretty mellow at cruising speeds but has a nice rumble at low rpms and a nice growl while accelerating. my co-worker had a flowmaster (not sure which one) on his jeep cherokee and his rusted out in a little over 2 years though. on my 4wd (stock 350 with stock manifolds) ive got thrush glasspacks and they sound great for $20 mufflers and theyve held up decently. i dont know what kind of budget youre on but id suggest the flowmaster 40 or 44 series for a nice, affordable muffler. magnaflow and borla are supposed to be great mufflers and they sound amazing but theyre a little on the expensive side.

7. I ordered a corsa exhaust and plant CAI and I'm installing both of them this weekend .. I'll let you know how they are supposinlgy they are both very good products and produce some good sound an hp gains

8. yotchie

yotchie Rockstar 100 Posts

i have a flow master cat back dual on my 04 5.3L sounds great its 3" in and dual 2.5" out. i will say i would like a bit more volume on my 2012 i just got and im not really sure which way to go this time. but great sound without being obnoxious. the girlfriend always knew when i pulled up. but what ever you get make sure it comes in stainless.

9. You should check out corsa exhaust .. Bit more more expensive but sound is noticeable But in a good way

10. Gryphon

Gryphon Rockstar 100 Posts

I'd say go to CherryBomb's website and listen to the sound recordings they have. They are good about giving advice on their Facebook page too and I think they have a tech line that can set you up with what you want and what fits your truck.

YouTube is good for vids recording exhausts on most any truck with most any muffler too.

Cherry Bomb has six muffler lines to fit different sound likes. The Vortex line should be what you want, thats the one on my wishlist for my Suburban...enough to make a statement when you pass someone, but you can still start up in a housing development and not freak anyone out.

http://www.cherrybomb.com/Catalog/Categories/mufflers.aspx