1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Exhaust..ing decision..

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by PearlWhiteLTZ, Dec 23, 2011.

1. PearlWhiteLTZ

PearlWhiteLTZ New Member

I don't know what it is, but seems like every silverado around here has a magnaflow exhaust...Getting to be like Flowmasters on a 5.0 mustang. I'll admitt, the magnaflow exhaust sounds pretty good, but i want something different. I'm looking for a deep, clean exhaust tone without the raspy-ness of a flowmaster muffler. What do you guys reccommend?
    The best sounding system I've heard was a Corsa exhaust...But I can't justify $1200 for an exhaust. I had a Mac Performance, dual exit/single side, in front of rear tire, system on my 2002 and it was perfect. Mac has nothing listed for my truck though.. :-(

I either want to stay with the stock location, or go back to the in front of rear tire exit. Stainless would be nice too, As I hope to have this truck a long time...
  2. OKZ71

OKZ71 New Member

I have always had 40 Series Flowmasters on my trucks. When I'm ready for exhaust on my new truck it will be hard to go with something different. But, I have talked to several people who have gone with MagnaFlow and even Borla systems and are happy with them.
  3. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Gibson, Flowmaster, Bassani, Borla, Corsa, Pacesetter, Magnaflow
  4. PearlWhiteLTZ

PearlWhiteLTZ New Member

As of right now, The Magnaflow is leading the field...MBRP closing fast....Borla in 3rd...
    I'm staying away from Gibson. I've helped two friends install gibson systems on trucks and both trucks had very little change in sound, just shinnier tailpipes.
    Fowmaster....They are like the old reliable..when in doubt, Flowmaster it out..
    Anyone have the MBRP or Banks system???
  5. MGR1118

MGR1118 New Member

I've got the Gibson system on my '07; it definitely sounds good, and isn't harsh. The only problem I had with it initially was that the exhaust pipes slipped into the muffler stubs, not over as they should have from the manufacturer. After arguing with Gibson that they weren't manufactured correctly, I finally took them to a shop and paid $15 to have the ends expanded slightly so they would slip over the stubs. That removed a lot of back-pressure and not only improved the sound, but gave me a noticeable power increase (and 1+ better mpg when I keep my foot out of it). I've had that system for a little over 3 years; cost me ~$600 (and $15 to have the pipes expanded).

Silverado.jpg
  6. dedmon27

dedmon27 New Member

Love my million mile warranty borla!
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I tend toward Flowmaster and Magnaflow. My advice to you is to get what YOU want to get ... because YOU want it. You shouldn't get something just because others don't have it ... or avoid something just because others do have it. Pick what you like and damn the rest... as it's your truck and if you're customizing it should be a reflection of you ... not a reflection of what others are or aren't.
  8. SILVERADO3

SILVERADO3 New Member

Mbrp all the way

I have a 2010 Silverado 1500 5.3L, I have put an K&N Intake and also the MBRP Cool Duals exhaust. I love it, Sound, price and look. Now my brother has a 2005 Silveraso 5.3l with the Magnaflow and the cab drone is horriable.

I reccommand the MBRP FOR the sound, looks and price is great.

Good luck.
  9. audible

audible New Member

Anyone else have the drone issue with their Magnaflows on a 2010 or 2011 Silverado 1500 5.3?? I am about ready to pull trigger on a system. Have used Corsa in the past= AWESOME, but was leaning toward the Magnaflow for the reduced cost. However, I cannot stand cab-drone.:grrrrrr:

10. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have a corsa on my truck. It sounds good, but not very loud.