1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Exhaust..ing decision..

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by PearlWhiteLTZ, Dec 23, 2011.

1. audible

audible Member

Exactly...I do not want loud, just nice rumble and decent acceleration sound. I'm too old for :shocked:

2. PearlWhiteLTZ

PearlWhiteLTZ Rockstar

I dont have blue hair. I don't wear sweater vests in the summer time..and I don't listen to fallout boy. I'm not against magnaflow because its what everyone else has, I just want to know whatelse is out there. The Magnaflow system is the best sounding system in my opinion so far..I want my truck to sound good, but I also want it to be a little unique also. If nothing else tickles my fancy, I'll go for the magnaflow, but as of right now, its really the only thing I've heard in person. I think the shop here must get good incentives to push their products.

My other option is to have a shop just weld in a MAC flowpath muffler.( I'd do it, but its flippin cold )...I know it sounds good on the 5.3 as I had it on my 02. Probably save some money, and give me the uniqueness I'm looking for.

I'm sorry if I offended any Blue-haired, sweater-vest wearing Fallout boy fans...it was just a joke.:gasp:
  3. audible

audible Member

Hey..................I like my Docker sweater-vest! :rofl:
  4. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

My corsa is on a yukon xl. I hardly know its there. It could be the loud tires that the previous owner put on it. When my wife pulls out of the driveway it sounds nice. Not very loud in my opinion, but that is considering that I am gauging it off of my 95 with flowmasters.(terrible drone noise on highway)
  5. PearlWhiteLTZ

PearlWhiteLTZ Rockstar

The parts are on the way...Ordered the magnaflow dual side exit, in front of rear tire system, K&N intake, and superchips tuner...Parts should be in tomorrow...PUMPED!

The magnaflows just sound good...clean and mellow...Should be a noticable difference as well doing it all together. Will post pics when its done..
  6. audible

audible Member

My DB-CORSA kit arrived last weekend. Hope to install this week. :glasses:
  7. olered

olered New Member

deffinatly go flowmaster i just put it on my 04 with single in dual out and it sounds amazing i went with the super 40's sounds great and really not that expensive. my buddy has the same set up except he has super 44's on his and both the 40's and 44's sound great. i do perfer the 40's though (not just because they are on my truck) because they have a better tone and not to much crackle on up throttle or down throttle
  8. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

a little too later, but on my 08 5.3 i went with a Airaid CAI, BBK headers, a local muffler shop that does the exhaust work for my uncles hotrods pretty much made the rest.. 2.5", hi-flow cats, into flowmaster super 50 series muffler on either side, rear exit. my tone doesn't resonate, is very deep and relatively quiet cruising up till around 3200 RPM where it begins to make it very clear you're fixin to pass everyone lol. gonna try an post a video of how it sounds soon

As promised:
    http://youtu.be/267TVOnGPWo
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  9. PearlWhiteLTZ

PearlWhiteLTZ Rockstar

Silveradoexhaust.jpg

Sounds awesome...Looks awesome...Haven't really gotten to rip it yet with the intake, exhaust, and tune...Will do tomorrow.
  10. 747

747 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I agree with Surreal, get what you want and dont worry about what the rest of the world is doing.

But on a side note, there is a video of a SLP Loudmouth II on youtube and it sounds GREAT. Id love to try this muffler....