Exhaust, Intake, and Spark Wire Question

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by JOnNyAZ, Jul 14, 2008.

Newest Photos

1. JOnNyAZ

JOnNyAZ New Member

Well I am about to buy a Colorado tomorrow and I have been looking at parts to put on it, I'm getting the I5. I have been looking around but just wondering if anyone has any ideas on where to pick up some of these things for a decent price... I checked out ebay but i wasn't too impressed... THanks for the help.

By the way, any suggestions on an exhaust? I want something that will sound good, not ricey... it seems like they only sell cat-backs for it and I can't find an aftermarket header...
  2. MWright936

MWright936 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

You might take a look at www.stylintrucks.com. You can enter your vehicle year, make and model and it will show you everything that works with your truck. They have a large selection and it's a great place to see what's out there. You may also look at www.autoanything.com. Good luck!
  3. Mizzike

Mizzike New Member

Flowmaster exhaust bosch spark plugs and wires iridium and a K&N intake that should give you a nice sound and good performance boost.
  4. Eclipse

Eclipse New Member

I had an 2006 Colorado crew cab 3.5 I5 a while back and I put a Flowmaster 50 series on it with duals out the back, it sounded pretty good, I also had a dynomax bullet on at one time but got to ricey and went back with the 50 series.

some pics of my old coly with duals
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
  5. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

i would stay away from gibson. not very loud anyway. go with the flowmaster. as for plugs i recommned bosch platinum 4 or E3. for wires i would suggest taylor or MSD
  6. JOnNyAZ

JOnNyAZ New Member

Bought the Colorado!!! Can I get just msd wires for the truck last time I checked it was a whole ignition package, and if so where do yall recommend I get the exhaust and wires from, I was thinking 2.5" exhaust too, shoudl I go bigger??? Thanks again
  7. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

look in summitracing.com for all that stuff. they have pretty much everything at awesome prices usually