1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Exhaust, Intake, and Spark Wire Question

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by JOnNyAZ, Jul 14, 2008.

1. JOnNyAZ

JOnNyAZ New Member

Well I am about to buy a Colorado tomorrow and I have been looking at parts to put on it, I'm getting the I5. I have been looking around but just wondering if anyone has any ideas on where to pick up some of these things for a decent price... I checked out ebay but i wasn't too impressed... THanks for the help.

By the way, any suggestions on an exhaust? I want something that will sound good, not ricey... it seems like they only sell cat-backs for it and I can't find an aftermarket header...

2. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You might take a look at www.stylintrucks.com. You can enter your vehicle year, make and model and it will show you everything that works with your truck. They have a large selection and it's a great place to see what's out there. You may also look at www.autoanything.com. Good luck!

3. Mizzike

Mizzike New Member

Flowmaster exhaust bosch spark plugs and wires iridium and a K&N intake that should give you a nice sound and good performance boost.

4. Eclipse

Eclipse Member

I had an 2006 Colorado crew cab 3.5 I5 a while back and I put a Flowmaster 50 series on it with duals out the back, it sounded pretty good, I also had a dynomax bullet on at one time but got to ricey and went back with the 50 series.

some pics of my old coly with duals
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
  5. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

i would stay away from gibson. not very loud anyway. go with the flowmaster. as for plugs i recommned bosch platinum 4 or E3. for wires i would suggest taylor or MSD

6. JOnNyAZ

JOnNyAZ New Member

Bought the Colorado!!! Can I get just msd wires for the truck last time I checked it was a whole ignition package, and if so where do yall recommend I get the exhaust and wires from, I was thinking 2.5" exhaust too, shoudl I go bigger??? Thanks again

7. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

look in summitracing.com for all that stuff. they have pretty much everything at awesome prices usually