Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Exhaust is DONE! Finnaly :)

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by SmokeU, Jul 1, 2010.

1. SmokeU

SmokeU Rockstar 100 Posts

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

You do it yourself or have it installed for you? Looks great.

3. SmokeU

shop did it for me

4. MAsZ71

MAsZ71 Rockstar 100 Posts

Looks good...Nice Job!!!

Nice video as well!!

5. grrr...

grrr... Rockstar 100 Posts

Looks good. Doesn't seem to loud. Do you happen to know the part number for the muffler you have? Also, did you notice any loss in off the line power/acceleration?

6. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Congrats on the exhaust man. It sounds great.

7. j-schmizzle

j-schmizzle Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

congrats on the exhaust.

8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

That looks good, nice work.

9. SmokeU

Yeah, couldn't think of anything else to do so I took some time in editing it and stuff :)

I'm not sure but from what I remember from the box I would have to say its probably the pro muffler, apparently the guy at the shop said it was there best muffler and have nothing but good results from using it over the years

and I know that people say you loose some low end when changing mufflers but if that's true I'm not feeling it at all

also, what are people thoughts on adding headers? Will it make it lower pitched and louder?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  10. adam0285

adam0285 Rockstar

I know the single biggest change in exhaust note I got was when I switched from the stock exhaust manifolds to a set of Dynatech long tube headers. It will definitely deepen the exhaust note. When I first put my single in dual out Magnaflow I wasn't very satisfied with the higher RPM sound but after the headers I love the sound at any RPM. I would highly recommend them and there are a ton of companies that make short and long tube headers for your engine.