exhaust manifold

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by EfSeeThreeEs, Mar 11, 2010.

1. EfSeeThreeEs

EfSeeThreeEs Member

well i recently did some off roading and bottomed out pretty hard. i didnt crack the manifold but i must have shifted the donut or blew it out. anyone know any cheap places to get a new gasket set? or any cheap places i can get headers? if i get headers, will the bolt up to the stock dp? i have an 08 chevy 2500 6 litre

2. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

A good place to buy gaskets is AutoZone. Aftermarket headers are a good choice and you can find great deals on them at places like Ebay or Craigslist. And they do make headers that bolt up to the stock Y-pipe.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  3. Gambit

Gambit Rockstar 100 Posts

After market headers dont usually work with the stock y pipe. If they do they advetise it in there add. As for replacing the gaskets i would check to make sure you didnt knock that area out of round or you can replace the gaskets as many times as you want and will never get a good seal. Napa will have a gasket set as well as auto zone and advance auto.

4. Project Reaper

Project Reaper Rockstar 100 Posts

for just a stock replacement i would check CRAIGSLIST.COM cuz its the ****, if you want to put headers on you can get shorties that will fit to your stock setup. As for a cheap gasket set just go to autozone and they will have everything you need

5. EfSeeThreeEs

EfSeeThreeEs Member

will do thanks guys