1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Exhaust modifications!! 2012 Silverado Crew Cab

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by blue1992, Mar 20, 2012.

1. blue1992

blue1992 New Member

Hey guys,
    I posted a while ago looking for suggestions on what dual exhaust to get for my 2010 silverado crew cab.
    Well, I ended up going with the mbrp pro series cat back system. I've had it on for a few weeks now, and I'm just not completely satisfied with it. I was hoping it would have been louder. I was looking for something that's really loud and has a nice aggressive tone to it.
    I don't have a lot of money to spend anymore on it, but is there anything I can do for not too much money to make it louder and give it a nice rumble? Any suggestions are appreciated!
  2. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

10 series flowmaster. I run one on the stock pipe but have it turn out in front of the rear tire and tons of my friends are trying to go to that set up now, which ruins it for me
  3. roughcntryrado

roughcntryrado New Member

^ Go with that just put it on my 03 duals out the back sounds awesome!
  4. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts

Can anyone take video with sound and post it to give us that on site feeling?
    That would be so cool to post your trucks tone
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Probably some youtube videos out there if one searches. :)
  6. Coach24

Yes there are a bunch of you tube ones but I was hoping to see what the members trucks sound like. Especially after reading about one person who bought a new system then was displeased with the sound he got. Hopefully this will help others make that decision before finding out the hard way.
    http://youtu.be/LHIDQacqG1A
  7. roughcntryrado

roughcntryrado New Member

Ill grab a pic and some sounds clips of it after work tonight. Its really aggressive when I lay into the pedal
  8. Coach24

hey you can now go to the coffee shop and look at "truck tones" to get more ideas
  9. blue1992

blue1992 New Member

Ill try to get a video up on here soon of my truck. Maybe then i can compare it to others and see how it sounds.
    I had originally wanted a flowmaster, but after doing some research i thought i liked the mbrp. I really dont wanna change the muffler but maybe i should.
    Do you just have one 10 series muffler splitting off into two pipes, or is it dual mufflers too?
  10. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I just have a single 10 series 1in 2 out and then two L bends right after the muffler, I'm trying to get access to a welder and I'm going to remove the resonator with a 3 inch pipe since that what the pipe is in that spot on the stock exhaust anyway