1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Exhaust Muffler

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by nate_boothman, Feb 21, 2008.

1. nate_boothman

nate_boothman New Member

I just bought an 08 Silverado with the 5.3. I don't want to put a lot of money into the exhaust but I want it to be loud and sound good. Is there a cheaper muffler like $50 that anyone would recommend?? I'm not replacing the tail pipe or anything. Just the muffler. Thanks
  2. finalday7

finalday7 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If your just going to do the muffler and you want something inexpensive but sound good I'd go with a flowmaster super 40. You'll probly loose a little low end, but for an extra couple of bucks you could go with a borla or magnaflow for a little less sound but a little more performance. :great:
  3. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

cherry bomb and edelbrock also have a couple worth looking at for relatively cheap
  4. no0b123

no0b123 New Member ROTM Winner

I have the Flowmaster Super 44 and it's a beast. Defiantly my favorite brand of Muffler, with MagnaFlow being my second choice.
  5. nate_boothman

nate_boothman New Member

Thanks for the reply everyone, definitely helped.
  6. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If you visit the Flowmaster web site, you can hear a soundclip of each of their mufflers. Here is the link
  7. mvoss2576

mvoss2576 New Member

Anyone with a 4.8 and a Flowmaster muffler? I want a good sound, but not much interior sound.
  8. no0b123

no0b123 New Member ROTM Winner

Then you would want MagnaFlow. Flowmaster has the interior drone sound..... but I like it :happy:
  9. GMC era

GMC era New Member

My favorite exhaust systems are Magnaflow. They usually have less drone in the cab, but sound great outside. You can buy them pretty cheap online or off e-bay.

I actually have a Dynomax Super Turbo on mine. I got the muffler free from a friend. He had it on his V6 a little over a week and went back to stock. It sounds great on my truck but does have some interior drone. I'm experimenting to see what I can do to get rid of that.

Here is a sound clip of mine. Total cost with install: $75
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y-TYK3zONU
  10. Flydm4224

Flydm4224 New Member

Hey Guys!!!!! I have a 08 Silverado with the 5.3. I have a flowmaster super 44, and I love it. The muffler has a great sound when on the trottle and at ideal. The thing i like about it most is on the highway, there is very little noise resonation in the cab. I replaced all the exhaust pipe with 3" from the collector all the way back. With the new oem muffler design u almost have to run new pipe when u put the flowmaster on.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2008