Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Exhaust On V6

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by TeamYardsale, Apr 28, 2008.

1. TeamYardsale

TeamYardsale New Member

What are people running for thier 4.3's? I first of thought of going a cheap ebay single inlet dual outlet one, then thought that might be too much flow, so I figured id just do a muffler.

What would be the best sounding (most rumble, I hate sounding like a damn tuner car) exhaust? Single in dual out? just a muffler?

Dont feel like spending more than 200 or so.

Thanks

TY

2. SoonerSilverado11

SoonerSilverado11 Rockstar 100 Posts

I had single in dual out put on my truck. I dropped by the muffler shop and the guy suggested a Wicked Flow muffler because he had done this before and really thought it sounded better. I personally had never heard of this kind before but he reassured me he had done it several times. Afterwards I am actually very satisfied with the sound. It is pretty deep and sounds pretty good for a V6. Does however sound kind of mellow at certain rpms.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  3. TeamYardsale

TeamYardsale New Member

so Single In Dual out, then find a Wicked Flow Muffler?

After a little bit of research, it seems those are car mufflers? sounds like alot of honda car owners use them? any chance you can get me the specifics on what model you have or anything else? any sound clip?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  4. no0b123

no0b123 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

You can replace your stock muffler with a Flowmaster Super 44 and it will be loud. That's what I did for my little V6 and now it's like a V8 :party:

The muffler was like $70 bucks. I highly recommend Flowmaster for loud sounds. The original 40 is a little louder but the Super 44 works well for me. I kept it factory with single in/ single out.

5. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

in high school i had a 2wd sonoma gt with a 2.8 it had one glass pack then split, it sounded awesome, very good rumble. in the lower gears but on the highway there was no drone at all, i loved it, they were just generic glass pack

6. SoonerSilverado11

SoonerSilverado11 Rockstar 100 Posts

I can try to get a sound clip up, but I am extremely busy this week being dead week then finals next week. Also, noon, could you get a sound clip of your truck? I am very interested in hearing what it sounds like.

7. Slow1500

Slow1500 Rockstar

Magnaflow with turndown before axle. It is not loud but has a good low rumble and it's a straight-through design.

8. Gmcsuvguy

Gmcsuvguy Rockstar 100 Posts

I have magnaflow on my 4.3 and I love the sound of it.

9. Dan

Dan Rockstar 100 Posts

Did anyone notice any improvment or decrease in fuel mileage after changeing there muffin ??? i would like to change mine

Dan

10. TeamYardsale

TeamYardsale New Member

Can anyone with recomendations try to post a sound clip?

Im thinking of going with the 50 series SUV performance