1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Exhaust pipe size

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by silverZ71, Nov 2, 2010.

1. silverZ71

silverZ71 New Member

Does anyone know the pipe size for a 2003 silverado 5.3L I messured it already and got around 8 inches for the circumference (2.5 in diameter) just wanted to double check with someone before I get my 10 series

2. KWG08VMI

KWG08VMI Rockstar 100 Posts

I believe it is 3" back to the muffler and 2.5" on the down stream side.

3. silverZ71

silverZ71 New Member

I remeasured and got around 3in for the inlet and 2.5 for the outlet thanks for the help

4. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

If you want to find the diameter of your pipe & all you have is the circumfrence measurement, the formula is: (Diameter = .31831 x the circumfrence)
    Using your cirf. measurement of 8"...---> .31831 x 8" = 2.54648" This will work for any circle where you are able to measure the circumfrence but not the diameter.

5. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sounds like someone is a math teacher!! haha no that is a really good equation! I knew there was a way to find the diameter from circumference but forgot how haha. Thanks stephan!

6. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Nope, not a math teacher, just school of hard knocks. If I had paid attention in school I would have learned it there, but unfortunately have had to learn it along the way instead, because I was such a stupid azz & mostly just f..off in school ha ha..

BTW the other answer to this question was "cut the pipe in half and measure it"" ha ha ha:rofl:

I have other equations if you need them... just shout out