Exhaust pipe size

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by silverZ71, Nov 2, 2010.

1. silverZ71

silverZ71 New Member

Does anyone know the pipe size for a 2003 silverado 5.3L I messured it already and got around 8 inches for the circumference (2.5 in diameter) just wanted to double check with someone before I get my 10 series

2. KWG08VMI

KWG08VMI Rockstar 100 Posts

I believe it is 3" back to the muffler and 2.5" on the down stream side.

3. silverZ71

silverZ71 New Member

I remeasured and got around 3in for the inlet and 2.5 for the outlet thanks for the help

4. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

If you want to find the diameter of your pipe & all you have is the circumfrence measurement, the formula is: (Diameter = .31831 x the circumfrence)
    Using your cirf. measurement of 8"...---> .31831 x 8" = 2.54648" This will work for any circle where you are able to measure the circumfrence but not the diameter.

5. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sounds like someone is a math teacher!! haha no that is a really good equation! I knew there was a way to find the diameter from circumference but forgot how haha. Thanks stephan!

6. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Nope, not a math teacher, just school of hard knocks. If I had paid attention in school I would have learned it there, but unfortunately have had to learn it along the way instead, because I was such a stupid azz & mostly just f..off in school ha ha..

BTW the other answer to this question was "cut the pipe in half and measure it"" ha ha ha:rofl:

I have other equations if you need them... just shout out