1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Exhaust Question ~ What would be louder?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by ZRouse07, Feb 1, 2014.

1. JimmyA

JimmyA Member

I have a flowmaster super10, single in and dual out dumped over the axle and It sounds aggressive ( I can feel the rumble but not hear it much)! I get a lot of comments on the sound. I like the sound more now than a year ago. jmho! Long pipes with big ends are not to my likin. It depends on your taste
  2. Char

Char New Member

Exhaust really just depends on the engine size. Example: I have a 364ci 6.0 and i have true dual with dual high flow cats and dual glass packs and it sounds amazing. but try to do that with something small like a v6 or even a smaller v8 it will sound awful because there isn't enough exhaust created. In smaller trucks flowmasters sound pretty good but its whatever you want it to be. If you want glasspacks do glass packs! Its your truck
  3. JimmyA

JimmyA Member

Really, a V8 is a V8!
  4. Char

Char New Member

Bigger engine you have the more fuel has to be burnt the more fuel burned the more air the engine takes in. More air+more fuel=more exhaust created. I agree that a v8 is v8 but the exhaust created is dependent on air+fuel intake
  5. JimmyA

JimmyA Member

Not trying to argue! A super 10 on any V8, large or small "Rumbles" as long as you turn off the "AFM" and run all 8........And sounds "GREAT".
  6. Char

Char New Member

Its all good man. I dont have experience with super 10. I have glasspacks that sound great on my 6.0 and know they dont sound as good if good at all on smaller engines. But with something like "super 10" it could sound just as good on any v8. All I know is the bigger engine the more exhaust.
  7. zuki82

zuki82 New Member

Char, I have the same exhaust, but they both dump into a 35 gallon muffler and have one out pipe. Where did you find glass packs with that size in/out? My pipes are like 3 to maybe 3.5 inches!
    Jimmy A, what is this "super 10" of which you speak?
  8. Char

Char New Member

I got all my exhaust work done at a local exhaust shop. The thing that makes them sound so good is the dual high flow cats. They are really big and allow tons less restriction. It actually helps reduce backpressure so there is less restriction. I assume gm puts the right size cat in the stock trucks but once you start upgrading performance and produce more exhaust its good to have!
  9. JimmyA

JimmyA Member

Here you go
    http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/?page_id=11060 Shop around to get the best deal!
  10. Char

Char New Member

My dad has flowmaster I think the 40 series. It sounds pretty good in his truck not loud but just a nice sound. Hes got a 2011 silverado 4.8. Not a big truck but it sounds good