1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Exhaust question!

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by smithbuilt24, Aug 17, 2008.

1. smithbuilt24

smithbuilt24 New Member

Just bought a 2008 1500 z71. can i run true duels or will it trip the computer? I have gotten several diff. answers on this question. Does anyone on here have any idea? Any help would be greatly appreciated..
  2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

i dont htink it will set off the check engine light as long as the O2 sensors are in
  3. smithbuilt24

smithbuilt24 New Member

I had a 99 with 2 40series flowmaster and it did not set it off but I have been told that the new 08 trucks will trip. The computer that is
  4. mehoff400

mehoff400 New Member

my buddie has true duals on his 99 and i do also on my 04 his o2 sensor are always throwing alarms but he went with 3 inch exhaust i got 21/2 and i have never had a problem
  5. MWright936

MWright936 New Member 1000 Posts

The mechanic at the shop where I got my exhaust says it's next to impossible to run true duals on newer model vehicles because of all of the computer components and sensors. I'm sure it can be done, but would probably be lots of work.
  6. Maximous

Maximous New Member

as far as i know, true duels hurt more than they help, as far as back pressure and all, on the newer models that is