1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

exhaust question!!!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by myredneckchevy, Dec 8, 2008.

1. myredneckchevy

myredneckchevy New Member

hey there, NEW question: i need to know if its a good ieda to put in exhaust cutout on my 93 chev. i just put in a delta 40 super which dont get me wrong it sounds unreal! but im woundering if this exhaust cutout will give me better sound or worse?
  2. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

:glasses:if you want it to be louder and "legal" then cut out the muffler, its alot of work, but it will be much louder!
  3. MXZ1983

MXZ1983 Rockstar 100 Posts

it will be obnoxiously loud, like a stock car, just noisy, no tone at all....
  4. SoonerSilverado11

SoonerSilverado11 Rockstar 100 Posts

Ya, loud. But its cool when you can just switch from muffler to cut out.
  5. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

A friend of mine has an 80's c1500 with a carb'd crate 350 in it. He has cut outs right after the headers and it is freaking loud. Like the whole neighborhood will be awake when you drive by. :glasses:
  6. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i would be careful some of these motors really need the backpressure to run properly the older ones dont as much because of the lack of all the sensors and computers
  7. snopro1379

snopro1379 New Member

ya i agree these newer motors need back pressure in order to operate properly. cuts outs in my opinion sound like **** .... maybe try a super 44 muffler... i got one on my stock exhaust and it sounds pretty good. 08 chev 5.3
  8. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I agree. You will want the back pressure do too much to loose it and you'll regret it.
  9. raisor87

raisor87 Rockstar 100 Posts

unless you have a street strip car it will be useless and will kill your gas mileage just my $.02
  10. myredneckchevy

myredneckchevy New Member

exhaust question 2

I have a 93 chev cheyenne with some sensors, if i do put the electic cutout close to the headers will their be a problem with the back pressure big enough that the sensors will not respond properly?