1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

exhaust question

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by BigrRed18, Jul 2, 2012.

1. BigrRed18

BigrRed18 Rockstar

Ive got a magnaflow exhaust system and I really want to make it louder Im not sure what kind of magnaflow but it not very loud at all and what can i do to make it louder besides straight pipe it hahaha. thanks!

2. dbb06

dbb06 Member

What size is the tip? I noticed a change on my old truck when I put the tip on vs the the piping.(4" tip off a 3" pipe)

3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

4. BigrRed18

BigrRed18 Rockstar

alright with that being said does anyone know which flowmaster is fairly loud (louder than the magnaflow) Ive listened to the flowmaster 44, 40 , and 10 and cant tell much of a difference and which one does not have a lot of drone noise?

5. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

loud exhaust = drone at cruising speeds no matter what. If you want something loud and obnoxious go with glasspacks bro.

6. 08_rado_rocker

However.. if you want a good exhaust system that doesn't sound like crap.. buy a set of headers, take it to your local muffler shop and have them put an x-pipe, true dual it though a couple of 50 series F-masters and rear-exit it (45 angle or straight out would be your personal preference).. but that's just me.. I hate that obnoxious loud popping sound personally. my truck sounds mean as hell.. quiet rumble until it's time to play.. then he screams with a deep throaty roar. If you run it like i explained, you can also dump it before the axle which would make it louder.. but increase the amount of drone you get.

7. BigrRed18

BigrRed18 Rockstar

yea i not trying to get the obnoxious sound ha when i kick the gas in i want it to rumble! what kind of headers ive got know idea? and ive never heard of 50 series?

8. 08_rado_rocker

the 50 series (now i'm questioning myself on the series #, but I'll research it some real quick) flowmaster is single in/out (for true dual exhaust setups) and I've got BBK headers on my truck. I dont have any clips of the exhaust tone after i added the x pipe and dummy cats.. but Ill put one up of how it sounded with the headers, cai, and single flowmaster 40 in just a second.

9. BigrRed18

BigrRed18 Rockstar

alright thanks!!!

10. 08_rado_rocker

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012