1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Exhaust questions

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by samborra003, Apr 26, 2012.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. samborra003

samborra003 New Member

I have a 2010 gmc sierra 1500 crew cab. I am wanting to change my exhaust my wifes cousin recently bought the same truck except silverado. He recently put some pacesetter longtube headers with a y pipe to a borla muffler. I am thinking maybe the same except I was considering a x pipe and corsa muffler. I was wanting to cut out my cats but dont want my computer to be tripped. I know there has to be a certain amount of back pressure for things to function properly. so iv kinda rethought this alittle and thinking of leaving the cats in there. I was hoping someone had some views on the x pipe and if there would be enough back pressure for things to work.

2. MorrisGray

MorrisGray New Member

I just received my long tube headers and am trying to decide how to finish it out from the headers. I am not sure if there is enough room to put mufflers directly on the headers and then run pipe. But if I have to use a y-pipe first should I just use a single inlet muffler with two outlets? Or is two mufflers better or louder? And I think I want a side exit in front of the right rear wheel, kind of like the Ford Lightnin. Anybody got a detailed description of how to make this work?

TIA...