Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Exhaust recommendations for a 2009 Sierra SLT 5.3?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by AnimalYates, Mar 8, 2012.

1. AnimalYates

AnimalYates Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Hey guys, looking to get true duals put on my new truck as I can no longer handle the quietness lol. I know normally that getting dual exhaust shouldn't be too big of an issue but it is for me. I want my truck to sound aggressive, throaty, and have a very rich tone. Although I don't want it to be overly loud or obnoxious as it is a higher-end truck and deserves better than just a traditional flowmaster 40, or straight pipe, etc. Do you guys have any recommendations? I have been all over youtube looking for something like what I want and I still haven't found it.

Thanks in advance!

2. Mzarb28

Mzarb28 Member

I put the Dual Magna Flow on my 10' Silverado 5.3 and love it, has a nice throaty sound, but not obnoxious. The cab drone is very little if any at times!! Good luck

3. dedmon27

dedmon27 Rockstar 100 Posts

Put a Borla system on mine. Love the sound, and the Million Mile Warranty.

4. 18wheeler

18wheeler New Member

I just put a single in-dual out magnaflow xl on mine and absolutley LOVE it!! I too was worried about it being too loud and having too much drone in the cab. The guy at the shop who did the work said to go with the magnaflow xl's vs. flowmaster because the flows were more raspy than the magna's and would not drone as much. Not picking on flowmaster,they sound good too, just not the sound i was after.

5. SWAT13

SWAT13 Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

aero turbine.....really badass!!