1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Exhaust specifications. THIS IS NOT ANOTHER WHICH EXHAUST SOUNDS BETTER THREAD!

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Farmerdave, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Farmerdave

Farmerdave Rockstar 100 Posts

I am planning on changing the muffler on my truck. I need to know what size the pipe is before the muffler? I have been told that its three inch until the muffler then comes out of the muffler at 2.5 but I am not for sure. Does anyone know for sure what size it is. I am planning on running a Flow super 44 3inch in 3 inch out single three inch pipe same location as stock. Thanks for the help guys.
  2. hundojoe

hundojoe Rockstar 100 Posts

You are correct, Your truck has a 3" inlet and 2.5" out, but why do you want a 3" out single pipe? Just being curious.
  3. Farmerdave

Re leave some back pressure. I replaced my air filter with a K&N. I am sure I will gain some MPG with the three inch. Plus I have had duals before and feel that the NBS trucks look better with less. So I am going to hide the pipe.
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Try calling Flowmaster, they may have a direct replacement for your truck.

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Hey FarmerDave, I looked on Flowmasters website and it looks like part # 53072 is a direct replacement for your truck. Its from there 70 series.
  5. Farmerdave

Thanks, I was leaning more towards the super 44 or 40. I will look into what you found also though.
  6. 04silverado4.8

04silverado4.8 New Member

nice truck!! i just did a exhaust job on my truck not too long ago...i cut my exhaust off right before the rear tire and kinda side piped it...sounds mean and clean...not too loud either and still running the stock cats...didnt cost me anything except a hack blade..lol...but pro 44 or 40's do sound really good with long tubes :)
  7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Heres the series 40 muffler for yor truck, part# 953047.
  8. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I prefer the 40's over the super 44. I have a super 44 on my Sierra and it has way too much resonance and not enough "bite" to it for taste.