1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

exhaust suggestions

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by silverado joe, Jan 28, 2010.

1. silverado joe

silverado joe New Member

ok well my taxes are coming this week and of course i have to spend it on my truck. im looking for an exhaust system and unsure what make to go with. i do know i would like a dual out behind both wheels. also im looking for as little drone as possible but still gonna give me some performance upgrade. also i would like a slant cut tip. i live in buffalo ny area salt and snow rule the road for 8 months out of the year. please let me know your thoughts on a system and possible site to purchase.

thanks

nbs 07 crew
  2. Arlo

Arlo New Member

I like flowmaster, gibson, borla, really any of those would be my first picks. No matter what get the loudest mufflers! Thats my opinion at least. What are you going with two round tips under the bumper behind both wheels, side? Let me know how it turns out.
  3. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have a Borla catback and really like it!! I also like Flowmaster and you can get a fair deal from AutoAnything.com.
  4. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

i love the corsa exhaust i got one on my cobalt ss and getting one for my truck now this summer
  5. zachb91

zachb91 Rockstar

run true duals no mufflers it sounds good. lol i had a flowmaster 80 searis on my 99 and it sounded good
  6. STS_Silverado

STS_Silverado Member

i have a flowmaster dual chamber that sounds amazing. super 40
  7. silverado joe

silverado joe New Member

thanks everyone. i came across a good deal from a friend of a friend on a dual exhaust. its the gm performance system from gm..i hear that either corsa or borla makes it for gm? does anyone have this system or hear any positive or negitive on it?
  8. Arlo

Arlo New Member

Never heard of it but I know you could go to a muffler shop and have them run a single flowmaster and bend the pipe and whatever tips you want for usually just as cheap as most kits.
  9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

exhaust suggestion

The GM performance exhaust are made by Corsa. You can get them in two differant exhaust sounds. I have Magnaflow on my Silverado, Suburban and the wifes Trailblazer and have been pleased with all of them.
  10. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I've got a flowmaster 40 series single in/dual out and love it...sounds great!