Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Exhaust Suggestions

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by gosch90, May 15, 2012.

1. gosch90

gosch90 New Member

New to the forum I have a 04 Silverado with the 5.3L V8 and was looking for a good exhaust system with a low rumbling tone but cant decide on magnaflow or flowmaster or if anyone has seen any not so known brands that are good to any input it appreciated
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Flowmaster and Magnaflow tend to be about the same in volume and cab drone. Borla and Corsa cost more, have less cab drone, but are low and vocal when you get on it. Use the search tool on some of those key words to find posts pertaining to exhaust that might help you decide.
    Last edited: May 16, 2012
  3. gosch90

gosch90 New Member

How bout lift kits I want to do either 3 or 6 inch lift and prolly any ideas on wheels and tires? Sorry first truck and never had to do any research on mods like this I'm used to car engine mods
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You might want to check out the "Wheels and Tires" and "Lifted and Offroad Suspension" sections of the forums for those items. Also, the site's search tool will help you in those departments, too. :)
  5. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Well my vote would be for the Magnaflow as that is the route I went and I am very happy with it. I have very little cab drone and mine is low tone until you get into it and then it will talk to you. Just my opinion. Welcome to the club. :sign0016:
  6. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club. All the brands Surreal mentioned are probably your best choices. I would advise to get on Youtube and see which one sound the way you like.
  7. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor

:sign0016: Welcome to the Club and enjoy the site.......
  8. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!

**********Thread Moved************
  9. Cheez

Cheez Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts