1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Exhaust system upgrade for a 76 GMC K25 - Need Help Pls...

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by 76K25N, May 22, 2013.

1. 76K25N

76K25N New Member

I own a 76 GMC K25 350 4WD. I'm looking to replace the exhaust system from the manifold back. Ease of installation & durability are preferred. I hope to stay with the stock manifolds & have 2 2.5" flow master mufflers on hand. I have narrowed my choices to Pypes SGT80 & Hooker Headers 16922HKR systems. Any thoughts? Or others that I should look into? Hoping for a do-it-yourself installation.

Sorry if this topic has been beaten to death, but I was not successful in finding solutions on the web.

Thnaks in advance,
    Al
  2. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

absolutly get the headers.

on my chevelle smallblock i have the high flow headers, H pipe, and thrush mufflers. but i have it step down from 3" to 2.5" by the time it ends, because its such a high flow system for a little 307. you need some back pressure.

on my truck, im doing the shorty headers, to the Y pipe, to a 3" catt. then running 3" all the way to the back.
    I have looked for a bolt on Y-pipe for the headers... i cannot find one... so unless i do, a shop will need to finish this.