1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Exhaust System

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Mizzike, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Mizzike

Mizzike New Member

I'm looking to put on a new exhaust system on my 5.3 v8 silverado 2002 and the places and people I have been talking to said both magnaflow and flowmasters would be the best bang for my buck but both cant come to a conclusion on which is the best and I want the most performance out of the exhaust and I have a less concern with the sound and if there is some better system that would be great to know about but if not which one should I go with or look more into?
  2. omegafiler

omegafiler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Really, it's just personal preference as to which sound you like better. Do a search, the whole Magnaflow vs. Flowmaster thing has been brought up a million times. And trust me, there has never been nor will there ever be a winner here. :)

Or, perhaps check out youtube or various or sites for sound clips. Although they rarely do any exhaust system justice.
  3. no0b123

no0b123 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Flowmaster is more of an agressive sounding muffler. Magnaflow is great for SUV's. Both are really nice sounds, but you need to search on youtube.com for sound clips. Both mufflers perform the same, just different sounds.
  4. GoFastPadre

GoFastPadre Rockstar 100 Posts

Here is my .02 Put on some Pacesetter LT"s, Magnaflow HFC's and Flowmaster 60"s on custom bent true duals. It will cost about the same to do this set up as the aftermarket exhaust from either co. I had this set up on my Sierra, except I had shorty headers, and it made the 5.3 come alive and it sounded good as well.:great: