1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Exhaust system

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by p4ltrucks103, May 6, 2010.

1. p4ltrucks103

p4ltrucks103 New Member

Hey guys, i am new to the site.

but i have a 2009 Chevy silverado 1500, crew cab that i am looking to put a exhaust on.

I am looking for something with a nice deep throaty sound, but wont empty out my wallet. I was looking at the cherrybomb extreme, but i am worried that will void my car warrenty.

any ideas?

thanks alot
  2. jamesdeanj

jamesdeanj New Member

I've been told by my dealer that CB shouldn't void your warranty. Except your exhaust.
    Gibson makes a few nice ones. Plus they have a listing for the flex/active fuel management model that is supposed to not give the funny sound when it goes to V4.
    Last edited: May 8, 2010
  3. jamesdeanj

jamesdeanj New Member

By the way welcome aboard. Please post what your truck is in your SIG so you don't have to include it in every post.
  4. BigBlueLB756

BigBlueLB756 New Member

I had the Gibson SuperTruck system for a while, but grew to not like the 4-cylinder exhaust note, and returned to a shortened stock system. Corsa or Borla, or a tune to de-activate that AFM/DOD system and then you can use any thing that will fit.
  5. p4ltrucks103

p4ltrucks103 New Member

well if i am looking for something on the cheaper side. what do u think i should go with? i sorta like the cherrybombs...

Charlie
  6. j-schmizzle

j-schmizzle New Member 1000 Posts

i'm going to be totally biased because i just had one installed. flowmaster super 10!!! you should check it out out summitracing.com. just the muffler alone cost me $59.95 + $9.95 shipping.
  7. kwconch021

kwconch021 New Member

havent heard the 10 series.

go for the 40 series (personally)

I have it on my 06 5.3 and absolutely love it! I have the 45 degree stainless steel tips coming straight out the back underneath the license plate lights, perfect placement might I add hah

i also was able to get the catback system installed for under $300 because i had wasted an hour long trip out there when they told me they would be ready, but werent.

any exhaust system that is catback should not void your warranty.
    good luck with whatever you decide.
  8. Metaluzc

Metaluzc New Member

If you are still under warranty, do you really want to be doing anything that may cause it to be void? I just don't see the point of getting rid of a perfectly good product that is still under warranty. I got my MBRP cat-back exhaust because my old one was rusted, falling apart, and rattling. Just my opinion.