1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Exhaust System

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by 05silverado, Dec 14, 2007.

1. 05silverado

05silverado New Member

I'm looking to change the factory exhaust, to flowmaster, two pipes out, true dual. I'm looking to have the tips 4.5'...just wanting to see what opinions are around for exhaust systems, and how much they would cost, including welded installation.
  2. Holy Smoke

Holy Smoke Rockstar 100 Posts

Looked at your profile. You might want to decide the reason for the increase, to duel. Just for looks?, performance?, If for performance, Do you want to go to a larger diameter? A friendly Mechanic in your area ,that has some performance experience, could look at what you have and give you things to think about. You can't change your exhaust every day. My guest would be just work without the flowmasters, 250-300$
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  3. Doug C.

Doug C. Rockstar

I see you live in Va. Don't they use salt on the roads in the winter . I'd go with Magna-Flow . Unless you've got 4 inch exhaust pipes , 4.5 tips will have the rice burner look . I found a shop near Pgh. to make me a 2.5 all stainless dual system for my 99 2-dr. Tahoe for $400.00
  4. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I had a flowmaster system on my last truck. One thing I noticed was a little loss on low end power but wasn't that big. I went single in, dual out with 3" pipes and 3 1/2" tips. Sounded awesome. I had it all fabbed up for $380. Later on I decided to add a manual cutout before the muffler and it made it sound so much better. That was another $28 from summit and $30 to put on. As far as going with 4.5" dual tips you would probly have to find the ones for the diesel trucks and run 4" pipes.