1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Exhaust tips

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by pontiacGTP123, Jul 20, 2009.

1. pontiacGTP123

pontiacGTP123 Rockstar 100 Posts

I'm thinking about doing a exhaust on my 6.0 sierra and I want a good loud aggressive sound, I personally don't like flowmasters besides that's what is on everything. I want to do true duals but don't know if I need a one muffler or two for each pipe. I figured that there wouldnt be enough space for two mufflers side by side, would a muffler with y-pipes on each end work?
  2. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

so you are looking for a muffler and tips or just a muffler?
    if you are looking for tips, i will suggest silverline tips. they are made of a very good stainless steel that does not change color. i have had mine on for 2 years and are the same color as the day i got them. i have the 18" angle cut tips, but i would rather have the 22". dont really like the tone of the rolled style.
    personally i prefer flowmaster over gibson, but it depends on what you like
  3. Darknesss23

Darknesss23 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Check Corsa Performance
  4. Darknesss23

I think he meant tips as in advice not actual exhaust tips...
  5. pontiacGTP123

yeah tips for advice, noticed that after I had already posted it.
  6. Darknesss23

anyways... like i said before check corsa. i have one and i love it. it completely backs up the idea that you get what you pay for!!!
  7. pontiacGTP123

yeah I really love the way the corsa exhaust sounds. Just dont have the money for the price of a corsa exhaust right now.