Exhaust tips

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by pontiacGTP123, Jul 20, 2009.

1. pontiacGTP123

pontiacGTP123 Rockstar 100 Posts

I'm thinking about doing a exhaust on my 6.0 sierra and I want a good loud aggressive sound, I personally don't like flowmasters besides that's what is on everything. I want to do true duals but don't know if I need a one muffler or two for each pipe. I figured that there wouldnt be enough space for two mufflers side by side, would a muffler with y-pipes on each end work?

2. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

so you are looking for a muffler and tips or just a muffler?
    if you are looking for tips, i will suggest silverline tips. they are made of a very good stainless steel that does not change color. i have had mine on for 2 years and are the same color as the day i got them. i have the 18" angle cut tips, but i would rather have the 22". dont really like the tone of the rolled style.
    personally i prefer flowmaster over gibson, but it depends on what you like

3. Darknesss23

Darknesss23 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Check Corsa Performance

4. Darknesss23

I think he meant tips as in advice not actual exhaust tips...

5. pontiacGTP123

yeah tips for advice, noticed that after I had already posted it.

6. Darknesss23

anyways... like i said before check corsa. i have one and i love it. it completely backs up the idea that you get what you pay for!!!

7. pontiacGTP123

yeah I really love the way the corsa exhaust sounds. Just dont have the money for the price of a corsa exhaust right now.